East Amwell Museum
After several years of hard work, the house has been restored and decorated to reflect the building during the period 1880-1920. It now serves as the East Amwell Museum and is open to the public.
Earliest records of the Clawson farm mention a house on the property in 1810. Architects and restorations however think it may be much older than that, perhaps as early as 1760. Large rooms with high ceilings set the house apart from other local houses built about the same time.
The Museum is located at
1053 Old York Road, Ringoes, NJ – East Amwell Twp.,
It fronts Marion F. Clawson Memorial Park.
The new home of the East Amwell Historical Society, the museum in the former Clawson House features two Exhibit rooms, several furnished rooms – including a Victorian-era bedroom, living room and 1920s-era kitchen complete with a Hoosier cabinet and icebox and antique kitchen items. There are children’s toys and books from the 1800s and other antique furnishings. Most of the furnishings in the house have been donated by local residents.
Current Exhibits are posted in the images on our home page and under News or see our Facebook Page – East Amwell Historical Society.
For information on becoming an Exhibitor: Call The Museum 908-237-3303 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org